PIFA WAY is a PIFA training program for coaches who wish to make coaching a career.
The most popular coaching course is open to anyone over 16 and provides an ideal introduction to coaching. Little prior knowledge or experience is required.
The course is open entry – an interest in coaching and the motivation to improve your skills and understanding is all you need.
The course comprises a theory and practical element.
PIFA Way’s Purpose
- To raise standards of Coach Education and performance through the delivery of high quality and bespoke training and educational programmes
- To measure the quality of coaching and the impact that this has on the development of players
- To train and provide career progression and educational pathways for each football discipline and thereby increasing the numbers of qualified practitioners e.g. Coach Educators, Coaches, Sports Medics, Referees, Administrators, Welfare Officers and Teachers
- To retain and grow the current football workforce by attracting and inspiring the next generation from a wide variety of diverse backgrounds. In so doing, deliver against educational objectives and targets identified in the AIFF Vision.
- To cultivate continuous improvement by evaluating our programmes. To work towards establishing a comprehensive Research and Development programme, embracing regular review of the effectiveness of existing activities.